1) Put the Obiita.
2) Fold the Obi up in half. Wrap your torso once. Bring the Tesaki to the front and determine the length of the Tesaki as the width of your body plus about 15 cm.
3) Wrap the Obi one more time, and hold the Tesaki with your left hand.
4) Pull out the Tesaki.
5) Wrap the Obi again.
6) Bring the Tesaki to the center of your back, hold it with the Obi underneath.
7) Fold up the Tare while holding the Tesaki.
8) Slide the Karihimo underneath the Tare. Bring the Karihimo to the front and tie it at the center of the Obi.
9) Bring the Tesaki to the front and temporarily hold it with the Karihimo.
10) Widen the Tare in the back.
11) Put another Karihimo on the widened Obi.
12) Lift the end of the Tare (about 7-8 cm from the edge) onto your waist and tie another Karihimo.
13) Hold the Obimakura up side down.
14) Put the Obimakura underneath the Obi.
15) Rotate the Obimakura so that the flat part touches your back (This gives the Obi volume).
16) Bring the strings of the Obimakura front and tie them on your left.
17) Tuck the strings underneath the Obi.
18) Put the Obiage over the Obimakura (underneath the Obi).
19) Bring the Obiage to the front and tie it temporarily.
20) Untie the Karihimo from (12).
21) Tuck up the Tare under the Karihimo.
22) Determine the bottom line of the Otaiko, then tie the Karihimo at the front.
23) Untie the Karihimo from (11).
24) Bring the Tesaki to the back.
25) Put the Tesaki into the Otaiko.
26) Put the Obijime on the center of the Tesaki.
27) Tie the Obijime at the front.
28) Remove the two Karihimo and straightened the Obiage.
1) Wrap Obijime over Obi once. Make the both the ends equal length, and tie them once.
2) Make a loop with the upper end, and put the lower end into the loop.
3) Secure the knot and tuck the ends into the Obijime.
1) Wrap Obiage above Obi once. Make the both the ends equal length, and tie them once.
2) Make a loop with the upper end by folding it downward, and put the lower end into the loop.
3) Put the knot in the Obi and tuck the ends between Obi.
Go to the Catalog on the Web.
Go back to Japan Culture Club Home Page.